RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn announced for North America

View previous topic :: View next topic  
?diuQiL
.hctiB .erianidroartxe tob daerhT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn announced for North America Reply with quote

http://rpgland.com/content/?p=276
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. The Wii was losing a lot of steam there for a while. This ought to keep it afloat. I like it.
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fire emblem series is an okay SRPG series, i waited on the GC one till it was 20$ new

ill get this if i get a wii though

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Emblem games are always solid, but they are always so terribly text intensive and they drive me insane, trying to redo each battle over and over and over again because every man MUST MAKE IT. THERE WILL BE NO SACRIFICES. THIS IS HOW THE GAME MUST BE PLAYED, THERE MUST BE PERFECTION!

... Am I crazy in this regard, or do any of you find yourself restarting to have access to more characters?
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sethimothy wrote:
... Am I crazy in this regard, or do any of you find yourself restarting to have access to more characters?

No. The fist time I played the frst one on GBA... I got to a point where I had a chick on a flying horse or something. I beat the level after she died and started the next and she was gone... I was like `Where's my flying chicky.`... So I had to restart. I tried again and lost 2 more people this time. So I turned it off and walked away. I think it's still around here someplace. I just don't like that aspect. That's incredibly brutal.
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah it really annoys me too

i usually cut my losses if it's not one of the characters i use a lot

ten there are previous games in the series, such as Fire Emblem.. 4 i believe on SNES, where you have so many characters and the maps are so huge you dont really care

i loved that one, i hope this one is nearer that

Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Randar, you should do a history of Fire Emblem. :3

Another issue with the style of play that Fire Emblem presents is that you really have to decide who should get into fights and level, and who should stay back for later fair. You don't want too many lower leveled people, but you don't want everyone at a mediocre level end game either. It's just... frustrating.
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first: as far as history of fire emblem- would be cool, but holy crapton of work... i give heath mad props for doing articles like this, it took quite a few hours to do even the history of, let alone the reviews + preview... imagine how long it would be for the Fire Emblem series, with god knows how many entries

its tempting though

anyway, the strategy i used in the GBA ones was get like 2 uberlevelled guys and let them clear everything out. knights work best.

the SNES ones i played, that doesnt work. at all. they actually require strategy. the NES ones i played are pretty simple, and tons of fun.

a thing i really dislike about fire emblem that also happens to be one of the mainstays of the series is the rock-paper-scissorsish set up of the gameplay. it takes away from the strategy of the SRPG genre imo. some would argue it adds to it, but w/e, i find it pretty lame

fire emblem is, again, a series i find extremely iffy. i love certain aspects of it (storylines + some SRPG goodness), and there are some truly amazing titles in the series, yet other aspects of the games (the presentation- i personally feel the "show face talking" is pretty dull as compared to showing the characters with talk bubbles, and the rock-paper-scissors set up) are frustratingly bad imo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: