RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's talk about Marvel Comics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about Marvel Comics Reply with quote

I recently found this channel. I am huge fucking fan!

https://www.youtube.com/user/fluidicbeats

I suggest starting with the Infinity Gauntlet playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9sO35KZL50xxc2Un0zzw1C8jtlA1wmoM

It starts off with some intros for certain characters. Then it does the Thanos Quest. Then the Infinity Gauntlet.

I absolutely adore these comics and he does a great job explaining everything.

To be honest I am back into comics because of this channel.
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Heroclix sometimes?
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NR wrote:
I play Heroclix sometimes?

Check out the channel.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read anything in a few years. I always get the urge to go back, but I wouldn't know where to start by now.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no schtick? It's literally just him explaining comics? If so I guess that's kind of a cool alternative to reading wikipedia to catch up on old(ish) storylines, but why does he only go back to Civil War?

I haven't seriously read comics in like 2-3 years (basically since I got a gaming PC which destroyed my ambition to do anything else with my free time).

If you're into current Marvel stuff tho and haven't read Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force from 2010 YOU MUST. Not only is it by itself one of Marvel's best modern runs of anything, period, but it's the precursor to Uncanny Avengers and a lot of the stuff he's doing now.

Glad this is about Marvel and not DC too. DC actually has a lot of really amazing books (you'd be surprised how awesome the New 52 versions of normally chittyshittybangbang characters like Aquaman and Wonder Woman are) but I've always been more of a Marvel guy. Especially X-Men and it's half a zillion branching and spin off books.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegarage wrote:
I haven't read anything in a few years. I always get the urge to go back, but I wouldn't know where to start by now.

You would be surprised how easy trades make it to get back into specific stories. Unless you want to be like a total Marvel nut and know what's going on in every corner of its universe and read every awful event tie in, you can get by with just mainlining a single book. You could jump on almost any book starting from when they did Marvel Now a couple years ago and be alright. Like I'll probably go back and read all the shit Bendis is doing on X-Men and Slott's Superior/Amazing Spidey, but I haven't gotten the urge to go back yet.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
There's no schtick? It's literally just him explaining comics? If so I guess that's kind of a cool alternative to reading wikipedia to catch up on old(ish) storylines, but why does he only go back to Civil War?

I haven't seriously read comics in like 2-3 years (basically since I got a gaming PC which destroyed my ambition to do anything else with my free time).

If you're into current Marvel stuff tho and haven't read Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force from 2010 YOU MUST. Not only is it by itself one of Marvel's best modern runs of anything, period, but it's the precursor to Uncanny Avengers and a lot of the stuff he's doing now.

Glad this is about Marvel and not DC too. DC actually has a lot of really amazing books (you'd be surprised how awesome the New 52 versions of normally chittyshittybangbang characters like Aquaman and Wonder Woman are) but I've always been more of a Marvel guy. Especially X-Men and it's half a zillion branching and spin off books.

He quit his job and also has a DC explained channel he started on Jan 1st. He is working on current stuff and is trying to get everything done before the summer where supposedly "Everything dies".

Then he will just constantly cover current stuff.

I really enjoyed Original Sin and Incursions though.
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My head is spinning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOaujzv37j4
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew all that. Hickman's run on Avengers sounds rad. I only read the first 4-5 issues of that and New Avengers before I fell off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: