RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazingly, I have skills.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Amazingly, I have skills. Reply with quote

Well, ever since randomly browsing websites brought me 3d modeling, I have been very into it, and working quite hard at it. I have been working with CGI for about two years, so I am kind of accomplished. Seeing as how my current project is a medley of Dragon Quest stuff, I figured I would post my current progress on it.

I figure you can see what's going on here. Admittedly, the last one posted of a single Slime has a few problems in the render, but that was the first render, the more recent one is on top, and that difficulty has been removed.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the metal slime still the most annoying?
a$$

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far. Spotted three times, and got away each.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics...

Check out this. They are pretty realistic looking. It is almost as if slimes exist everywhere.
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 3D modeling program or whatever do you use, Strategos?
a$$

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currentlly, I am using anim8or. The other options just don't appeal to me. However, I like the way those slimes Idin posted up are made ^^. Anyhoo, umm... I dun think I am gunna be modeling much soon - back to school on monday. On a different note, it looks to me like this year's freshman crop will be better - Last year every single one was under developed. Saw the freshmen orientation kids coming in today, and some of them actually didn't look like eigth graders.
Kiznusbez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really??
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how r u?
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guest function? No fair. I would never have registered if I had known that!
Toadie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis wrote:
Nice pics...

Check out this. They are pretty realistic looking. It is almost as if slimes exist everywhere.

Heh--never too late for Boob Slimes... Twisted Evil
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you just enjoy posting in threads that are long since dead?
Toadie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Mom. Razz
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, that does remind me that this thread exists. Check out some more recent work!

Jackal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome Strategos. I've been playing with GMAX for 8 months and I still can't make squat.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to get into 3D, start very simple and work your way up. Two years later - actually, come to think, it's closer to three years by now - my App. of choice is still Anim8or. I got into it with that because I could figure out the program; however, now that I have enough of a grip to move on (and half have moved on - to Maya with the PLE) I still keep coming back to Anim8or because it's so damned fun, and, for all it's free and simple, is really rather powerful.

Hehe. Looking at this thread, the difference between August last year and May this year astound me. I did get a lot of practice worked in in the interim, compared to the time spent with the program prior to those slimes. I've even figured out texture mapping properly. I could make them so much better >.<.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and there's something else. It isn't done yet, though; in another day or two I'll have finished texturing it properly. Until then...

It's based on the P-38 Lightning.
Adremmelech
Stalkerlike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Those are really good!
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those look pretty sweet

nowhere near what i could imagine even trying to do

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look gaiz! I can has CRANZ!!!!

Forgive the medley of color in the cliffs. I did those last, and between doing the brown trees and them, some jackass raided my crayon box of - get this - all of my browns, so I had to settle for attempting to blend red and green, and dumping a peach color over it to try and hide the blend.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fulfilled. Earlier today, a Red Line began creeping slowly up my monitor. In his trail streaks of blues and yellows found life. And lo, the Red Line climbed yet higher, and the colors took form. And as the Red Line moved, so moved blood and sweat back into me, for their effort was complete; the blood and sweat left behind over all those months came closer with the Line's ascent.

And the Line reached his apex. The Line disappeared. In his place, the product of many months and hours. In his place, my efforts had become reality.

Approximately two-hundred hours, over the course of many months, and silence, and the hour's wait for the Red Line to rise--and it is complete.

I present the final Lucky Thunder:

I am sure that all those who have worked on such an insanely long and time-consuming project can fully understand how satisfied I am right now. So many terrible things could happen, and I would sit quietly and smile. Nothing can go wrong. My baby has been born.

My pride is currently bigger than my massive and blood-engorged phallus--this I know, for the sheer sight of this Lucky Thunder fulfills my lust that I may compare my pride to it.

What might be fun would be to compare this final work to the earlier versions posted in this thread. I think it has, since then, come quite a ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Creation Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: