RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So who thinks we should axe all forums except for gaming/mis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> The Site and the Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So who thinks we should axe all forums except for gaming/misc?
We should!
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
We shouldn't!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: So who thinks we should axe all forums except for gaming/mis Reply with quote

Cuz I think it's a gewd idea.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna go ahead and disagree. The whole "Iron Forge" section can comfortably go though.
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you'd want to keep contest/events, but the anime forum only gets used a handful of times a month, and anime topics could easily go in misc. I don't understand what the point is in keeping forums around that don't get used, when taking them out would make the place look healthier.

I don't see why contest/events and requests/suggestions couldn't be merged, either.
Super Megaman X
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Martyr...I just think it's nicer to have more forums...keeps everything more organized...things will get a bunch more cluttered otherwise. Sorry, not with ya on this one.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phil
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cluttered how? There are like 2 anime topics that were started this month Razz And the others get used even less.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A board with two or three forums looks lonely. I'd say that RPing could be axed, but the few moments that Creation Discussion is used for are good. Not to mention it could be put to good use in the future.

Spam Central, I don't care about. Anime forum, why not keep it? I'd rather have those topics organized than having to wade through pages of Misc discussion.

Besides the cancerous role-playing forum, this place looks reasonably healthy to an outsider, I thought. It's not like we're trying to preserve an outward image or anything. If people aren't going to hop on board because one or two forums look inactive, then why do we want them anyways? We mostly talk amongst ourselves, and the most active and interesting forums are the ones we most care about.

I say axe RPing, leave the others, for organization's sake.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Martyr. The less the better. No one ever uses any of that shit. The contest forum is the only one that has any justification for existing. The anime forum is a joke. That crap can be in misc.

At the very least the suggestion forum and the contest forum can be rolled into one catch-all RPGLand stuff section. Having more forum sections that never get used just for the sake of keeping this organized is lame. The anime section doesn't need to be more than a single thread IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime had rough times this past year, but we're bringing back the reviews shortly. (No joke, I just started the HTMLing process for one recently.) It's something a lot of our readership has voiced enjoying, and something the staff likes doing when we get a minute to stray from games, so at the very least, that one is staying.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime is gay. Why do RPG sites think they need to include anime crap? There's better sites for anime info... Well I suppose there's better sites for RPG info too... Why not settle for trying to make the main aspect of your site passable instead of covering two concepts poorly?
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Why do RPG sites think they need to include anime crap?

I agree. Just with the idea. Not saying you should get rid of the anime section.

Just saying why the hell people have to tie in the anime with RPGs. There tons of rpgs that are not japanimated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our case, it's a side interest of the staff's, and it blends easily with the tastes of the demographic, so we stuck it on the site as a little sort-of bonus. We've done a couple of surveys in which a surprising amount of people indicated they actually found that kind of cool. (I'm not saying all RPGs are Japanimated, just that the interest commonly overlaps.)

LiQuid!: The game coverage would not increase if anime coverage decreased. Not that that's even the topic here; we're talking about discussion forums.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I do not really think the state of the forums should be discussed at all.

Granted we have maybe at the most 30 active users here. It is not like anything needs to be highly moderated. Nothing seems to be a drastic problem.

Why change anything?
a$$

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may as well leave everything. Even the R-P forum. Y'never know when some new person is going to come along and use it. We need excuses to laugh at people, after all.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strategos wrote:
We need excuses to laugh at people, after all.

I was about to say that but then you went ahead and typed it before me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> The Site and the Forums All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: