RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improvements~
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> The Site and the Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phil
Bloody persistant


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 2523

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Improvements~ Reply with quote

If you were in charge of RPG Land and had infinite resources at your disposal, in what ways would you improve the site? What would you change? What would you leave the same?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 4627

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that review the games actually have a more diverse view on RPG's.

That is all I can request.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cloudcent
20th Century Boy


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 1192

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSS feed for main page updates! I bookmark straight to the forums, so I usually miss out on what's on the front page unless someone posts about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 2174

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
RSS feed for main page updates! I bookmark straight to the forums, so I usually miss out on what's on the front page unless someone posts about it.


Seconded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd ban a few choice forum members. Like Tim.

Then I'd get rid of the stupid chibi Cloud site design, since it screams "preteen FF fanboi" at me...

Most of your content is targeted at the 18+ demographic, so look like an adult website. Or, as adult as you can possibly be, being an RPG fansite.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First, I'd ban a few choice forum members. Like Tim.


Choice
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Acend
Will date your daughter


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 3051
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also change to a x/5 review scale instead of the literal x/10
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also ban Cloudcent and Sethimothy. Those fuckers have been getting on my nerves lately.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Cloudcent
20th Century Boy


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 1192

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I would also ban Cloudcent and Sethimothy. Those fuckers have been getting on my nerves lately.


As icing on the cake, and because you said that, I think I'll go buy the PSP version of Puzzle Quest.

Also, NR or Tim, make LiQuid!'s avatar the Cloud picture from the main page. I know you can do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2084

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
As icing on the cake, and because you said that, I think I'll go buy the PSP version of Puzzle Quest.

Haha! Yes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!


Joined: 07 Oct 2005
Posts: 9318

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
As icing on the cake, and because you said that, I think I'll go buy the PSP version of Puzzle Quest.


Go ahead. I hope you don't plan on being able to take advantage of your companions special abilities though...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also change to a x/5 review scale instead of the literal x/10


Uh oh, this again? Smile

I like the literal scale... /5 or /10 doesn't matter to me but the literal scale is how the entertainment industry reviews things. Game sites got into the trend of not doing it on a literal scale which strangely is off base from how reviews should be. Doesn't matter much to me though.

Quote:
People that review the games actually have a more diverse view on RPG's.

That is all I can request.


Is that an application for employment? Seriously, dude, we have some very good reviews/reviewers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 4627

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is that an application for employment? Seriously, dude, we have some very good reviews/reviewers.


Don't mind this comment. I was fucking wasted and pissed off. In fact I have no idea what I meant by that comment.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999


Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Posts: 2621
Location: MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A'ight

Booka booka
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 4627

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Then I'd get rid of the stupid chibi Cloud site design, since it screams "preteen FF fanboi" at me...

Most of your content is targeted at the 18+ demographic, so look like an adult website. Or, as adult as you can possibly be, being an RPG fansite.


LiQuid! wrote:
I would also ban Cloudcent and Sethimothy. Those fuckers have been getting on my nerves lately.


Here I agree with these two ideas completely.

Also change IRC servers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phil
Bloody persistant


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 2523

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We banned the lone furry in the channel. You don't have to go in the furry channels, you know Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard


Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 4627

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:
We banned the lone furry in the channel. You don't have to go in the furry channels, you know Razz


Still you are on an IRC server which basically consists of furries. Why? I have no clue.

The chances of someone coming in to hang out would give them a 90% chance of being a furry.

Why not just switch servers to a video game IRC server where you might meet others with similiar interests instead of people that whack off to cartoon pics of animals fucking eachother.

I would be in there 24/7. But that also might be a reason to not switch it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phil
Bloody persistant


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 2523

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason we don't switch is because we have so many old friends who go to that server and that server only, and wouldn't bother to go to a different server if we switched.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1788
Location: Nowhere, MN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:
I think the reason we don't switch is because we have so many old friends who go to that server and that server only, and wouldn't bother to go to a different server if we switched.


Nevermind the fact that nobody else has ever complained or had a problem.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cloudcent
20th Century Boy


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 1192

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owozifa wrote:
Martyr wrote:
I think the reason we don't switch is because we have so many old friends who go to that server and that server only, and wouldn't bother to go to a different server if we switched.


Nevermind the fact that nobody else has ever complained or had a problem.


That's Ok, I'm sure Idin has complained more than enough times to cover every member of this message board. When you look at it like that, it's worth considering, right? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> The Site and the Forums All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group