RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Pet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite pet?
Dog
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Cat
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Fish
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cow
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Exotic (Basically anything else)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Favorite Pet Reply with quote

There are a lot of good pets, but I just think there is a lot of truth to the man's best friend thing. Dogs are pretty much the most versatile pet I know of, coming in all different varities and being useful in a lot of ways (police, seeing eye, dogsled, etc etc). My dad had his life saved by a dog.

My dog:

Just now I was outside and started to be swarmed by mosquitoes. I was waving my hand around my head and when I looked down she was mimicking me. It was pretty funny stuff.

P.S. Acend, Cow was for you.
a$$

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owo, for Acend you should have marked "Child." Oh, I kill me sometimes.

CATS WIN.

Hands down. If I still had my cat, I'd have a picture of her, but if you GIS "Black Norwegian Forest Cat" without the quotes, all of those black ones look exactly like she did.
Super Megaman X
Call him SMX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strategos wrote:
CATS WIN.

enough said right here.
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats fail. I hate cats.

Dogs. Dogs are for win
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Biornulfr.
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats suck.

And thanks, cause cows really are the best pets ever.
Duckslit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly dislike dogs. I don't grudge other people having dogs, but it's like...geh. They're messy, they shed, they bark, they bite. I've seen all too many people get injured or maimed by dogs that just went crazy for no reason. I've been chased up a gravel hill by a snarling retired police dog. I just don't get any enjoyment out of playing with dogs or being around dogs.

Cats are awesome if they're not cranky. I enjoy going to houses with cats.

But the most interesting pet I've ever had were my mantids. They were fun, high-yet-low maintainance, great icebreakers, and I could take it on a cross-Canada road trip with no problems (except needing to buy a bigger jar on the way back home). I enjoyed watching it eat flies and drink drops of water off my fingertips.

Cats > Dogs

Mantis > All
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got two pugs and they fucking rock.

Dogs all the way.
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
They're messy, they shed, they bark, they bite.

Just like my last cat!

No, seriously, that cat had this dark barmeow that made everyone do a double take.

He left one day, and never returned... it is assumed he got tired of attacking my shins as I walked by and decided to go after little children. That's what I chose to believe, anyways.

Anyways, I appreciate any animal with a personality. I <3 my dog Marcus, but that doesn't mean that I'll never own another cat again, or that I won't try animals, or that there aren't sucky dogs out there.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat's are the spawn of Lucifer himself. They have no redeeming qualities and should all be put to sleep.

A well trained and energetic dog is the most fun can have with another living creature.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only assume, Janelle, that you've had the absolute worst luck you can have with dogs. My dog, a black german shepherd, just loves people and has never once caused any sort of mess, not even drool.

It confuses me, then, why her original owners abandoned her. I found her eating garbage at a camp site in some middle of nowhere place. She was so damn friendly that I had to bring her home. How such a nice dog came out of such an obviously abusive start, I'll never know. It's taken her YEARS to be able to walk in a straight line. She used to always dodge to one side when walking, I assume to avoid being kicked.

We did find out when we took her to the vet to get checked out that the original owners abused and abandoned her.

I just don't understand people.
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like dogs, cats, and fish

i have a goldfish right now- he's honestly 9 years old O_O

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say cows are the best pets. They're loving, have great personality, and you can actually play with them. I think I have pictures around here of me like sleeping with my cow (taking a nap, get your mind out of the gutter Idin, you furry) and showing it. Hmmm...Dogs are always real nice and fun to have if you get a god one or a young one so you can train it. Also I'm a fan of the exotic pets, even though they are usually much more difficult to keep up with they have more of that wow factor and great conversation starters.
Who was this guy?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely prefer cats. Much lower maintenance than dogs (which can be fun as hell to play with, I'll admit, as long as you don't have to take care of them). Dogs can be more useful, but they are seldom employed in anything even remotely resembling their potentiality, on the pet side of the equation. Cats don't give a shit whether you live or die, which makes them cooler than the slobbering loyalty which is the dog. And you aren't required by law to pick up your cat's crap, which is about the most pathetic and demeaning thing I can think of on the dog owner side. If I lived in the country, I'd want both. Dogs to tend the sheep and watch out for the property, cats to keep the vermin from overrunning the barn. Anywhere else--hmmm... probably should have voted for goldfish, now that I think about it...
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toadie wrote:
And you aren't required by law to pick up your cat's crap, which is about the most pathetic and demeaning thing I can think of on the dog owner side.

Never had to do that. I've never even seen my dog's crap. She knows to put it in the woods where nobody will ever find it.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur...Never had to pick up dog's crap. It's not a law here.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Cat's are the spawn of Lucifer himself. They have no redeeming qualities and should all be put to sleep.

Holy fuck dude, but you own two cats and they're pretty cute!
a$$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. The revival of this thread made me realize that I've been posting here for over three years now. Shit, you guys. Not as long as the rest of you, either.

Also, did we really have the poll section almost two years ago, or was this thread moved here after the fact?
Aurian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I was reading the thread and didn`t notice how old it was until LiQuid's post (WTF, but he has cats!).

I just don`t understand cats really I guess. They`re cute and strokable, but I guess the cats I know are also anti-social.

Dogs on the other hand wuv people and wuv attention, and just adore you. Its nice to be adored. You can play with them, horse around (if they are big enough...), cuddle them (sorry goldfish), and most have clear personalities (sorry hamster, who sleeps all day and eats all night).
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until I got my guys almost every cat I've ever met was antisocial or mean in some way. The first thing my cats do though whenever someone they don't know comes over is run to the door and demand pettan. They also have to be shooed off strangers' laps otherwise they'd never leave them alone.

Strangely I also find certain dogs, whose company I used to really enjoy, just irritate and annoy me.

Cats can get kind of annoying when they want attention and you're busy playing games or worse, trying to get some fucking sleep, but they're pretty fun to have around otherwise. Also I barely have to take care of them! That's a huge bonus!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Silly Polls All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: