RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates on implementation of new RPG Land features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
?diuQiL
.hctiB .erianidroartxe tob daerhT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Updates on implementation of new RPG Land features Reply with quote

http://rpgland.com/content/?p=204

The things I mentioned in this post (RSS, embedded comments, and possibly some other things) are still comin’ soon for sure, however, I can’t say for sure when they’re going to roll out. Hal’s dealing with several things right now, and since pressuring him about RPG Land things would violate a part of our “keep it real” policy, these things will just have to get done when they get done.

The site still looks a little off kilter in IE, and due to a technical things behind the scenes, I’m not sure when we’ll be able to fix that either. That issue (as well as a few other minor flaws) will most likely be fixed sooner than the things I previously mentioned, though (any time now).

So anyways, now that this stuff has been out for a little while, what do you guys think? If you have any suggestions, flames, or praises, leave ‘em in this post’s thread, or shoot us an email at pr@rpgland.com.

Do keep in mind, though, that we’ve been literally been planning all these things for 8 months or so now, so we’ve likely considered just about every obvious change that one could come up with. But regardless, let us know whatever is on your mind.

For example: yes, we are getting rid of the chibi Cloud design. This was decided for several reasons, with the most important of those being that it conveys bias in a pretty gigantic way. As an English/Journalism major, conveying any bias at all drives me crazy. Plus, in a poll that was taken some 6 months or so ago, like 70% of you said that you didn’t care for chibi Cloud too much.

So anyways, sorry for a few things being brokenish right now, but changes are a comin’ for sure. The changes that have been rolled out in the past week are really only about 10% of what we have planned.

Also, we are not a freaking blog.
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates on implementation of new RPG Land features Reply with quote

Johnny 5 wrote:

For example: yes, we are getting rid of the chibi Cloud design. This was decided for several reasons, with the most important of those being that it conveys bias in a pretty gigantic way. As an English/Journalism major, conveying any bias at all drives me crazy. Plus, in a poll that was taken some 6 months or so ago, like 70% of you said that you didn’t care for chibi Cloud too much.

Sweet deal.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Updates on implementation of new RPG Land features Reply with quote

Johnny 5 wrote:
Also, we are not a freaking blog.

Wikipedia wrote:
A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and displayed in reverse chronological order. ... Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject such as food, politics, or local news ... A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs.

Perhaps it would be better to say we are not only a "freaking blog."
Bloody persistant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really do the commentary thing much.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus we don't have posts like "I had such a great nap today. So good." or "I found him cheating on me again and using cocaine again but I LOVE HIM MOM!"
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Heath is confusing a Blog for a livejournal...which is perfectly understandable
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyr wrote:
We don't really do the commentary thing much.

Wikipedia wrote:
Blogs provide commentary or news

Blogging is quickly becoming more and more an area of professional study. Business, journalism, and professional writing. It's now a minor at University level, actually. It's not a bad thing, seriously guys. Confused
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, it is possible to get a degree in blogging? Tell me more.
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blogging degrees ARE a bad thing....
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acend wrote:
Blogging degrees ARE a bad thing....

I don't know what you'd do with a "blogging degree." I said it was a minor used to supplement other things. And technically it's not just blogging, but many different forms of special Internet-based writing used for professional purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: