RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters: packaging and English scree
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
?diuQiL
.hctiB .erianidroartxe tob daerhT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Soul Nomad and the World Eaters: packaging and English scree Reply with quote

http://rpgland.com/content/?p=758

Crappy box art. Japanese one was better.
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap did the bot just say something!?
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was disappointed, I saw that on gamespot a few days ago.

And...

What's up with random fuzzy characters?
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because N1 can't make a good game to save their fucking lives?
My homepage is not RPGamer.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*dares to like the box art and some N1 games*

!!
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that box art is f--king terrible

other than that, im really liking the look of this game... as in squad based = ownage

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
HeeHo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, what's so terrible about it? I think the box art makes it look like a truly sinister game (which I am all for!).

Maybe I don't get it because I've yet to see the Japanese box art, but this would've definitely caught my eye when all there was to go by was box art.
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERIOR

INFERIOR
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by far

J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the game looks like crap. But I really do like the japanese boxart.

Last edited by J.L.Jones on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF double post.

I hit edit, Not quote.
HeeHo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess...

I still like our cover better. Razz

I think the Japanese box art makes it look like any other SRPG or any other generic JRPG for that matter.
Cloudcent
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the worst Box Arts of recent memory.

My god....

I have a feeling it accurately represents the game, though. It's probably about some gay guy who's really mad because he stabbed himself in the foot with a sword.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Box Art, yeah, I'm not a fan. Gig is pretty ugly, and not particularly fearsome- ooking. He is a focal point of the game, but there are plenty of other things that could have gone on the box either with him or to his exclusion. Like the World Eaters themselves. Those are pretty dang cool looking.

Re: fuzzy character, don't quote me on this, but I think that Danette's had an Edict used on her in that shot to make her look that way. Think the Blink or Image spell from the SNES FF games.

Re: this game, when I played a bit of it, the vibe I kept getting was Ogre Battle, which pleased me greatly. The two games look nothing alike, but they feel remarkably similar in system. The auto battling, as many squads as you like, arranging your squads, skills to give an extra kick to your battles (like the Tarot cards). I think the three-line auto-battle system is greatly underused: the only other game I can think of that uses it is the never-pond-hopped Venus and Braves.

And Jones, it makes it pretty hard to take you seriously sometimes when 75% of the games coming out either "ruined" something for you or were ruined, or are "garbage," "terrible" or "f---ing crap."
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty easy. I don't like N1. So anything from they is garbage instantly. Same with SMT games.

That's what you've been covering lately. So yeah. 75% of what youve been coverint lately is fucking garbage.
20th Century Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:

Re: this game, when I played a bit of it, the vibe I kept getting was Ogre Battle, which pleased me greatly. The two games look nothing alike, but they feel remarkably similar in system. The auto battling, as many squads as you like, arranging your squads, skills to give an extra kick to your battles (like the Tarot cards). I think the three-line auto-battle system is greatly underused: the only other game I can think of that uses it is the never-pond-hopped Venus and Braves.

Even hearing that, I'd still rather just go back and play Ogre Battle or Ogre Battle 64.

I don't like judging a book by it's cover, but for some reason with Nippon Ichi games i just can't help it. The style, and especially the way the sprites look/animate, just completely ruin any fun I could have had with the game. Not too mention I was burned 3 times by this company before I realized i just don't like their games. (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave) At some point you have to say "enough is enough." That was $150 down the drain. Crying or Very sad
J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
VsPluckyDuck wrote:

Even hearing that, I'd still rather just go back and play Ogre Battle or Ogre Battle 64.

I don't like judging a book by it's cover, but for some reason with Nippon Ichi games i just can't help it. The style, and especially the way the sprites look/animate, just completely ruin any fun I could have had with the game. Not too mention I was burned 3 times by this company before I realized i just don't like their games. (Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave) At some point you have to say "enough is enough." That was $150 down the drain. Crying or Very sad

See? This is EXACTLY my problem with both N1 games (Disgaea, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave) and SMT games (Nocturne, DDS1 and 2 and Devil Summoner.). I've spent too much money on games by these people to not feel ripped off.

Sorry if I'm vocal about my bias and hate.
randar23rhenn
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudcent wrote:
VsPluckyDuck wrote:

i hear ya on that (Disgaea 1 +2, and Phantom Brave [which i thought was alright from what i played, id give it like a 4 or 5])... im just not really a big fan of NIS SRPGs... but Ar Tonelico's pretty neat

as far as this game goes though, especially with what Janelle is saying, im pretty pumped

i just hope i dont get the bitter taste in my mouth i got from their other "strategy" rpgs

J.L.Jones
I'd like to see this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, To be fair, Ar Tonelico was developed by Gust, The people who do the Atlier Iris series.

I can't say I've liked anything NIS has published either, But Gust is just a painfully generic developer, Not offensively resistant to change like N1 seems to be.
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, fair enough, i hadnt really thought of that, as Ar Tonelico looks so darned similar to any NIS Game

*shrug*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: