RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dental hygene

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you do?
I brush at least once a day, but never floss
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
I brush and floss once daily, each
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I brush like once or twice a day and floss once in a while
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
I brush and floss at least TWICE daily, each
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I do those occasionally, but probably not "daily"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
That's lame
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Dental hygene Reply with quote

The deal?
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floss is ridiculously easy to lose for some reason.

Twice daily.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I floss periodically, but brush generally twice daily, unless my teeth don't feel furry at night and I'm extremely tired and don't want to drag myself out of bed to go brush them. I think this applies more in Pennsylvania than Saskatchewan because my bed in this house is small and isn't much of an attraction. I don't hang out there during the day and there isn't a computer on it.

There was a period in grade school when I was really bad about brushing my teeth for some reason and wouldn't do it, and my gums got really weak. That was kind of gross of me, looking back. I guess that was in the same timeframe as the "I don't want to eat my lunch" phase and the "I wear crummy shoes and science camp T-shirts exclusively" phase. Man, I was such a stupid kid.

Also, never had any cavities or dental problems. I went to the dentist and had a real check up for the first time in years and they said I was fine. I'm a lucky lucky soul. \o/
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to brush thrice daily and floss and alcohol rinse once daily, and I always equated this with my never having cavities. Turns out I was wrong: For the last two years, I've been on a 'brush every other day or so... sometimes...' schedule and I still haven't gotten cavities. Maybe I'm just immune to this like everything else.

I've gotten better recently about brushing my teeth, though, because while I don't really give a fuck about them (really, they are naturally yellow - born that way, replaced that way - so keeping them clean has never been priority for me), I do care a lot for my beautiful wooden clarinet, and I brush before using that, at least. Seeing as how I play that about once a day, I'm up to once a day brushing. Yay.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I was one of the brush once a day never floss guys in this poll. I just went to the dentist today for the semiannual cleanup and it was as torturous as ever. Do the rest of you nonflossers have bad cleanings trips like me? I have normally sensitive teeth, but the tartar that builds up over 6 months, even while using sensitivity toothpaste made the cold rinse water insanely painful. It also feels like they're chipping away at Mount Rushmore when they have the plaque hooks out on me. So am I just that chittyshittybangbang of a brusher? My hygienist not only ragged on me about flossing this time, but damn near ordered me to go out and get an electric toothbrush...

I'd like to have at least one painless dentist visit in my life, so I think this time I'm gonna keep the flossing up more than a week or two after the visit, and brush really hard 2 times a day when I'm able (read: not drunk). I personally don't think I'm gonna have the willpower to maintain that kind of schedule, but I'm gonna give it my best effort.
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past many months I brush after every meal, which usually equates to twice a day. I have less problems with cavities than with my gums going to crap (don't really eat much sugar or drink soda).

Unlike most of the good habits I try and pick up this one has been sticking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Ok so I was one of the brush once a day never floss guys in this poll. I just went to the dentist today for the semiannual cleanup and it was as torturous as ever. Do the rest of you nonflossers have bad cleanings trips like me? I have normally sensitive teeth, but the tartar that builds up over 6 months, even while using sensitivity toothpaste made the cold rinse water insanely painful. It also feels like they're chipping away at Mount Rushmore when they have the plaque hooks out on me. So am I just that crappy of a brusher? My hygienist not only ragged on me about flossing this time, but damn near ordered me to go out and get an electric toothbrush...

I'd like to have at least one painless dentist visit in my life, so I think this time I'm gonna keep the flossing up more than a week or two after the visit, and brush really hard 2 times a day when I'm able (read: not drunk). I personally don't think I'm gonna have the willpower to maintain that kind of schedule, but I'm gonna give it my best effort.

I can testify that flossing is actually pretty legit stuff in terms of keeping the mouthpiece clean and dentist visits reltively painless. It can't do much in terms of like, magically *healing* cavities or stuff that already exists, but it definitely helps keep things from getting worse. There are surprisingly a lot of places in there that a piece of floss can wipe up, that a brush simply cannot, no matter how hard ya try.

I didn't believe that for years, till I started doing it. Sucks that as a teen I chose THAT as my rebellion. WTF, H, WTF?
julia.sadie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideally, you are supposed to floss after every brushing. Flossing removes food particles that your toothbrush might have missed.
NR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julia.sadie wrote:
Ideally, you are supposed to floss after every brushing. Flossing removes food particles that your toothbrush might have missed.

Pfft I do it BEFORE brushing because I find it more productive that way. Newb.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flossed a couple time and pulled shit out from between my molars that I couldn't even describe. It was so gross I decided to never floss again, so I wouldn't ever have to see it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brush twice daily and hate flossing.

I once read a Bloom County comic where Opus sneezes while flossing and and cuts off his schnoz. Since then, no flossing.
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more curious why someone would sign up and make one solitary post in the DENTAL HYGEINE thread--a thread that's been dead since 2008, no less.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's obviously with the ADA.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
He's obviously with the ADA.

Those spying, backhanded mudderfuckers.........
Aurian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brush twice a day, floss as needed, and my teeth are insanely sensitive to the cold water thing (and hot and cold in general). Still get frequent cavities and seem to have a resistance to that freezing stuff the dentist uses. He has to stab three of them in there before I stop getting pain. Ugh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Silly Polls All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: