RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Fantasy XIII thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I took the pictures. Was it obvious?
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Yeah, I took the pictures. Was it obvious?

Oh, I think it's pretty obvious that you didn't take the pictures, because that would mean you're gay enough to care about the game.

Interestingly, The Internet is pretty abuzz, but in a twist of fate, a lot of people are saying "Wow, this game would have caught me off guard and I might have been really mad if I hadn't heard the import impressions and had my expectations lowered! Since I was expecting the linearity I'm not so mad and can appreciate it more!" I would have predicted...probably the exact opposite of that.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy apologists are the ultimate apologists.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Final Fantasy apologists are the ultimate apologists.

I just can't understand how some one can totally deny a game series they like can make a mistake or a game can have a flaw. Its so foreign and odd to me. Then again, I like FFVIII so you can pretty much make fun of me a ton too.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
You know what bothered me about this game's music? It's becoming more prominent as I'm perusing the soundtrack.

I really like XIII's music, but I've always liked Hamauzu's style. He's so far the only composer that I really enjoy the more ambient tunes of.

I'll still need to finish the game to see how I feel overall, though.
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope is a girl's name. And Hope in this game is a little bitch. How fitting! His balls DO drop at some point, right?

I don't know why people complained about Vanille's voice acting, I thought it fit her pretty well.

Snow is the ultimate douchebag. It's like Locke Cole had a gay love child with a WWF Wrestler, or something. "HEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I'm only at Chapter 5 though so I really can't say much.
Owozifa
Red Menace Commie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got liking people more around Chapter 7.

A lot of people have been saying similar things.
Old school JRPG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got a hold of it (amazon!!!!!!! [read in KAAAAAHHHHHHHHHNNNN voice])

i really like it so far. it is ridiculously linear, but so far i like the speed of the battle system and story. now if only there were towns to explore

Thanks to Sabo for the sig
Aurian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope is seriously creepy in Chapter 5 with that knife...

Currently in Chapter 6, with little miss perky again. Damn, she runs funny. Fiance: "Why do women always run funny in RPGs?"
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurian wrote:
Currently in Chapter 6, with little miss perky again. Damn, she runs funny. Fiance: "Why do women always run funny in RPGs?"

See: Resonance of Fate. Reanbell runs like...whoa.

But I don't think the men of FFXIII are excused either. Well, mostly Sazh runs weirdly. Why the straight, straight spine?
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VsPluckyDuck wrote:
Aurian wrote:

See: Resonance of Fate. Reanbell runs like...whoa.

But I don't think the men of FFXIII are excused either. Well, mostly Sazh runs weirdly. Why the straight, straight spine?

It's so he can see predators in the distance.
Wein Cruz
Likes bad games

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to Gran Pulse, maxed out all my characters' primary three Crystarium roles and completed missions 1 through 17. I'll admit that this game does feel like it's missing something that FFs 6-9 in particular had, but I'm still enjoying it a lot, especially at this point now that the world's opened up.

The overall story has been pretty darn good, mainly the earlier "Thirteen Days" part, although I agree about the lack of memorable villains. Heck, "lacking memorable villains" might be an understatement, as every single villain so far (aside from maybe Barthandelus) has been completely throw-away, and never struck any sort of cord with me the way most RPG villains do. Fortunately, I pretty much came to like all the main characters in this game (except possibly Fang, who I'm mostly indifferent toward). Snow and Hope were the first to leave a positive impression on me, mainly because of their drama throughout the pre-Gran Pulse part of the game, and thankfully Snow is one of the more interesting, charismatic heroes in a FF game in a while. Not since Zidane could I say that about a male FF character. Surprisingly, I actually hated Lightning at first. Seriously, could she not go a single cutscene without beating the living daylights out of one of her teammates? Fortunately, she eventually dropped most of her angst and grew on me. I found Sazh and Vanille to be mostly boring at first--Sazh due to his personality traits being a little too ordinary compared to the more standout personalities of the rest of the cast, and Vanille, due to her relentless cheerfulness going on for no adequately explored reason at the time. By chapters 8-9, they got the development they desperately needed and it was easier to connect with them.

I love the battle system in this game, I definitely think it's one of--if not THE--best battle system in the series. Using Paradigm Shifts to adjust to the enemies' various fighting styles is pretty addictive, and once you get used to using the right skills for the right enemy placements, it's pretty easy to get 5 stars on most battles. I just wish they gave you a better bonus for getting 5 stars, such as maybe getting more Crystogen Points.

Graphically, the game is amazing, but that's not surprising since this is a FF game, and I love the soundtrack for this game. My two favorite themes are the vocal theme playing in the forest where you're controlling Sazh and Vanille (forgot which Chapter) and that kicka$$ heavy metal theme that plays during several parts when you're controlling Snow.

Overall, I dont think this game'll go down as one of my favorite FFs, but I'm definitely enjoying it. And if anyone knows how many missions I can do before going to Oerba Village, I'd greatly appreciate it.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I feel like this game just got ruined for me thanks to that glowing praise from Wein...that or Idin's sig. Either way, I assume this game is not as good as Fallout 3, which currently rules me. So yeah...pass until it's cheap.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually a pretty fun game. I got all the way to the final boss, got raped repeatedly, cried, and decided to go grind some more.

I got frustrated enough to take a break from FFXIII for 10 hours. I beat God of War III in that time.

Do NOT play it if you've been playing Fallout 3. Going from all that brown and gray to actual colors will cause your eyes to explode.
*Side note, also do not play Tekken 6. The glare from white t-shirts will also cause devestation to your eyes.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I be the first to say that I am proud that Wein is playing a game that was released in this year.

I'm not though, I'm playing FF IX. Its still my favorite.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Wein Cruz
Likes bad games

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I beat FFXIII last night. =) Really good game, and the final boss was a pain in the a## to defeat, until I adjusted my strategy that is. I realized that I spent most of the game neglecting my buff/debuff spells, even though those ended up making all the difference in fighting the final boss. It turned an impossible fight into one that only took me about 2 minutes to finish. Synergist/Saboteur FTW!

And it's funny that this is probably the quickest I've ever beaten a FF game (I've only had the game for about a month), even though it's not one of my favs in the series. Anyway, I plan on playing the post-game and finishing the rest of the missions, then it's on to Final Fantasy X-2 and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. =)
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wein Cruz wrote:

Anyway, I plan on playing the post-game and finishing the rest of the missions, then it's on to Final Fantasy X-2 and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. =)

You make me want to take out my brain and play volley ball with it.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegarage wrote:
Acend wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:
Thanks Janelle for confirming that this is the worst FF in history. I'm a huge proponent of fun fast paced battle systems and feel they have the potential to save an otherwise mediocre game (which is how I played through Infinite Undiscovery), though when there is so much else about a game that I hate aesthetically and from hearing opinions (linearity + manga storyline is really all I need to hear to pass judgment), even an AMAZING battle system is not enough. Like FFX-2. I got a few hours into it, the battle system was rad, but every single other aspect of the game made me want to cut my dick off and give it to my dogs as a chew toy, so I quit. From everything I've seen, heard and know about FFXIII, I can make a 100% call that it is going to be terrible and completely skippable.

$10 says he buys it within a year of its release or some other way plays it for more than 2 hours.

I second that.

What was the release date on this piece of garbage? I wanna mark my calender.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Omegarage wrote:
Acend wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:
Thanks Janelle for confirming that this is the worst FF in history. I'm a huge proponent of fun fast paced battle systems and feel they have the potential to save an otherwise mediocre game (which is how I played through Infinite Undiscovery), though when there is so much else about a game that I hate aesthetically and from hearing opinions (linearity + manga storyline is really all I need to hear to pass judgment), even an AMAZING battle system is not enough. Like FFX-2. I got a few hours into it, the battle system was rad, but every single other aspect of the game made me want to cut my dick off and give it to my dogs as a chew toy, so I quit. From everything I've seen, heard and know about FFXIII, I can make a 100% call that it is going to be terrible and completely skippable.

Sooo I guess I owe you some cash. Wanna take it out in a steam game? (I pay my debts)

$10 says he buys it within a year of its release or some other way plays it for more than 2 hours.

I second that.

What was the release date on this piece of garbage? I wanna mark my calender.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: