RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars the Old Republic trailers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Star Wars the Old Republic trailers Reply with quote

http://rpgland.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-trailers/

I get the boring posts.
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's supposed to allude to Revan being around if you didn't get that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just watched Star Wars the Old Republic trailers,
its look like a cool game thanks for sharing...
Idin Leis
McCoy fucked me so hard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game looks bad.... star wars WOW.
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idin Leis wrote:
game looks bad.... star wars WOW.

90Jedi lfg Deathstar raid PST
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am i the only one who kinda hopes this breaks Bioware's back and they have to fold?
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sht. Bioware must have thrown a fuck-ton of money at IGN because for the past week they have basically been writing up how "just unbelievably awesome I mean seriously, everyone needs to buy this, its totally not gonna suck guys, its WAY better than WOW, we're not kidding, this totally isn't an advertisement thing" articles every single day on it.

How hard would it be for me to just start writing about how awesome it is for RPGLand to get some of that sweet Bioware money?
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it's just good?
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Batman Arkham City was really good and they weren't running daily articles for weeks on end about how good it was. Same with Uncharted 3 (i'm assuming, probably not gonna play it til i can get both it and 2 for like $20). It just seems like Bioware has put an awful lot into this basket and it would be beautiful schadenfreude to see it all come crumbling down.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You played Arkham City?

And I honestly don't understand where you're coming from on this. You never played KOTOR, but ate shit like Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins up like it was the second coming. And those games were pretty much clones of KOTOR with a little bit more pew-pew and dragons. Of any Bioware game that people should really be excited about it seems like this should be the one.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody is looking for the next big WoW since it's been over half a decade since we got one of those. We get a new Uncharted and Batman game every year or two.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like Dragon Age: Origins. Then they pissed on it with Dragon Age 2. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were good. Just because I want to see something big fail doesn't mean I have to hate the company or anything. It would just be funny. Like when a clown dies.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
Am i the only one who kinda hopes this breaks Bioware's back and they have to fold?

Solice Kirsk wrote:
because I want to see something big fail doesn't mean I have to hate the company or anything.

Honestly, I don't understand your logic 90% of the time. You're 1 clean shave away from being considered a woman.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And where in that does it say I hate Bioware? The second statement reiterates my first statement. I want to see something big fail because it will be funny. If i thought that Diablo 3 would have a chance of ruining Blizzard i would think the same thing. Doesn't mean I hate Blizzard or anything. Wanna try understanding that again? Or is the concept of finding humor in failure with out hatred just too much?
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just don't understand how you picked The Old Republic to be the game you decided you want to fail. I guess by that logic you're hoping that every big release is terrible and you're disappointed when it's considered a good game.

The concept of finding humor in failure without hatred is something that I've grown accustomed to after having been your primary DD for 3 years. I've heard ramblings during a 10-minute car ride that would put would put most 20-year mental patients to shame.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know that those ramblings make total sense in my head at the time. Its just all the thoughts keep bouncing off of the liquor on its way to the mouth and come out all confused and filled to the brim with obscenity and antisemitism. It really is something to behold.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to think Old Republic has a shot at sinking Bioware since it's a gigantic project trying to take on WoW, one the most profitable video games of all time (I have no idea if that's true or not), but I'd say the danger is almost exclusively on EA who is the one dumping money into the project. Bioware will never sink because almost everything they touch turns to gold (thinking Mass Effect and Dragon Age here, plus whatever else they release on consoles in the future).

Worst case scenario is that nobody buys this when it comes out and EA is out a gigantic chunk of dev and marketing budget and it maybe takes a chomp out of their earnings for a couple quarters before it's forced to go free to play.

This is highly unlikely, especially considering there are still people that pay to play Galaxies. The Star Wars fanbase is definitely clamoring for this and has pockets deep enough to pay even if the end result is garbage (look at the Star Wars series Blu Ray being the best selling Blu Ray of all time despite them being butchered, horseshit versions of the movies).
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of hope that in another 10 years Lucas will release the original trilogy in its original form on what ever media winds up replacing Blu Ray. He could advertise it as Star Wars Classic, and people would go absolutely ape shit over it.
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in 10 years' you'll have all the people that grew up with the new shit going ape shit over the old reversions raping THEIR childhood!

Oh George Lucas you are master at keeping nerd rage ignited!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: