RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used Games Yes, DRM No on PS4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PipArchDevil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ad block your avatar because it fucks up the table alignment, but then it got to "Kinect, take their pictures!" and I had a good laugh. I'll let this one stay.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in the all digital future MS has envisioned with this console. I think they have the potential to either really fuck it up if they stay Microsoftian in their pricing model, but I think the future with always online, all-digital is exciting. I want consoles to work like Steam and have all encompassing media functionality. I basically want my console to be a PC hooked up to my TV with the ease of use of a console. The kinect, while still likely far from perfect, and probably still abysmal for game control, is another step in the direction of generally improving my living room entertainment situation.

I understand why people feel shafted by this stuff tho. You are losing freedoms that you've taken for granted your whole life and that's fine. You can hang on to aging business models and dated delivery mechanisms for data but shunning the XBO just because it is evolving video games in a new direction is like saying you're against teleportation because you like owning and driving a car. If we can evolve to a point where we no longer need roads and vehicles is it not worth the sacrifice?
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will eat a hat if Microsoft starts having large discount sales for games like Steam does. This is a company that doesn't give discounts for buying their "Microsoft bucks" in bulk.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
NR
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
This is a company that doesn't give discounts for buying their "Microsoft bucks" in bulk.

LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
I will eat a hat if Microsoft starts having large discount sales for games like Steam does. This is a company that doesn't give discounts for buying their "Microsoft bucks" in bulk.

MS points have/had real world equivalent values... Why would they give you a discount on them?

They've done away with them anyways. They've transitioned to actual Earth currency for Xbox One.. That's a step in the right direction.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I keep forgetting that MS Points are a publically traded currency on the Forex. My bad.
"True to the bullet pith on the enclose, Rocksmith allows you to beat the drum for legitimate hither any electric guitar into the proprietary USB chain that comes with the encounter..." - NEERGENCE, 12/02/2011
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean they have value that directly correlates to a dollar amount... Dipshit. If they give you a discount they're giving you free money.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they and they alone determine the "value" their points have. They wouldn't be giving "free money" they would be giving more useless points for spending more money with their company. It doesn't even really matter anyways. I think I did the math on it once and it would actually cost you a few pennies more to buy more points than to buy 10 or what ever over and over again.

I'm just saying they won't have huge software sales like steam does because they will not be competing directly with PC games. So long as consol games are all priced the same and only go down 10 to 20 after several months thats all they are going to do for the digital only copies.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
But they and they alone determine the "value" their points have.

What planet do you live on that this makes any sense? A $10 game is a $10 game, regardless of whether or not you pay $10 US dollars or 800 MS points, because they are both the literal exact same amount of currency for the intent of purchasing. MS points have always had a direct exchange rate to the USD (80 points = $1) and game prices have been identical when released on both XBLA and PSN...

Do you think that Sony should give you $12 dollars whenever you add $10 to your wallet? It's the exact same idea. You're using a credit card to deposit currency into a closed system... MS converts your dollar into 80 MS points, but they didn't make your dollar worth less, they just changed it to a format designed to befuddle. By saying you want a discount on points you're saying that you want free money. Simple as that.
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no one wants free money. Good point.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
Yeah, no one wants free money. Good point.

I think what he's trying to say (and the point you seem to be attempting to miss) is that no business wants to give away free money. Even Sony doesn't give away money for the PSN. Usually, you see those discounted packages coming from retailers that sell more than just the MS points or PSN dollars.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting better

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was actively trying to miss the point damnit! And I came in to post that they reverted basically everything they said their console stood for. So what's gonna happen to all that power of the cloud now that online connection isn't required? I'm assuming it will just be determined by the game and if it has to use cloud resources it won't work with out being connected to the internet.
NR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to buy the world a Coke~
http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/xbox-180-and-the-new-coke-xbox-one-drm-change
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath your articles are so bad. Sad

You have a day job, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get paid more if they're bad. This is games journalism, man.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, it's true!
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing I took away most from that article is the knowledge that apparently Japan has professional ice hockey! How was the Kagawa Ice Fellows season?!
NR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solice Kirsk wrote:
How was the Kagawa Ice Fellows season?!

They been killin people like every year. That's why I can't get a roster spot. I think I could play for other teams in the league, but not Kagawa Sad

First time I ever watched a Japanese hockey game was Kagawa vs Osaka, and the Osaka guys won the faceoff, but the puck went right through the defenseman's legs; as he turned around to go get it, he wiped out. I was like "Well I guess maybe I COULD play here...."

Kagawa won that game 13-2, because Kagawa has a bunch of guys from Hokkaido on the squad, which means they can skate way better than chumps like Hindman could hope to.
Omegarage
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor, Heath, and never wear your hat backwards.

Never ever again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> RPG Land Updates All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: