RPG LAND Forum Index RPG LAND
Welcome to RPG Land's discussion boards. Most RPG heroes post here before they lose their memories and star in video games.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOVIES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched "Moon" last night. It was excellent.
The Great White Bear of Sunflower Street

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's that about? I mean other than the Moooon.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It stars Sam Rockwell, set in the near future. He works for a corporation which mines a new energy source from the moon. His contract is for 3 years and he's alone on the far side of the moon. Kevin Spacey is also in it as the voice of the AI in the base.

He starts to lose his mind a bit after that long in isolation.... or does he? Razz

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, it's very, very good. I watched it a few weeks ago with some friends, and it's one of the best movies I've seen in a while
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't watch the trailer, just see the movie. You want to go into it with as few spoilers as possible, and the trailer is potentially that.
Captain of the War Wagon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Don't watch the trailer, just see the movie. You want to go into it with as few spoilers as possible, and the trailer is potentially that.

Like sex. You want to make sure your partner never sees you coming. Try using darkness and masks to your advantage. If you can, change your voice too.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegarage wrote:
LiQuid! wrote:

Like sex. You want to make sure your partner never sees you coming. Try using darkness and masks to your advantage. If you can, change your voice too.

It's not rape if you yell "SURPRISE!" (Then it's surprise sex.)
VsPluckyDuck
Duckslit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went with some friends to the movies last night...Alice in Wonderland in 3D, because only the 3D had an English language track.

4/10
Don't tell the other people I was with, they all thought it was super fantastic.

The movie looked amazing, of course, even though the 3D created some general blur which was disappointing. But for something based on the Lewis Carroll books, the script was astoundingly recycled, pedestrian, and dull. It wasn't a really good Alice in Wonderland movie, it was Generic Adventure-Fantasy Blockbuster with an Alice in Wonderland skin thrown overtop.

All the most famous quotes from the book were taken and thrown out repeatedly, in weird contexts, over and over and over. I would have liked to see some of the whimsy of the books not just chopped up and plugged in, but extended, expanded and run with. But the whole story was weirdly straightforward and logical even though the whole point of the world is that it isn't supposed to make much sense, and it was the most predictable movie I've seen in ages. Nothing surprised or shocked me.
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sick of Tim Burton. That Batman flicks and Big Fish are probably the only movies of his I can stand to watch anymore. This new style he has been rocking (in CatCF and AiW for instance) is just too over the top and "Burton-esque" and what the fuck is up with him casting his wife in every goddamned movie? I hate that bitch!
Duckslit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
I'm so sick of Tim Burton. That Batman flicks and Big Fish are probably the only movies of his I can stand to watch anymore. This new style he has been rocking (in CatCF and AiW for instance) is just too over the top and "Burton-esque" and what the f--- is up with him casting his wife in every goddamned movie? I hate that bitch!

In deciding to go to see AiW, my irritation at the Tim Burton vibe was eclipsed by my enjoyment of the source material which is, frankly, an awesome read. Do I regret going to see it? Perhaps. It was Ladies Day at the theatre so I didn't get quite as robbed on the way in.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is totally superior, by the way. I feel like this is something we are in agreement on.
Acend
Will date your daughter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be a Burton film without Johnny Depp and his wife?

VsPluckyDuck wrote:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is totally superior, by the way. I feel like this is something we are in agreement on.

And yet so inferior to the original with Gene Wilder.
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acend wrote:
VsPluckyDuck wrote:

And yet so inferior to the original with Gene Wilder.

That's what she said, dipshit. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory != Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the Jan Švankmajer 1988 Alice movie last night. Features real stuffed animals and lots of scissors!
Sethimothy
*Accomplished* Bastard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind subtitles and you can find a copy of the damn thing (good luck finding a torrent that works!) watch L'Audition. Holy fuck I did not expect that movie to be so sad and yet so good.
Solice Kirsk
True to the bullet pith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

datguy wrote:
Watched the Jan Švankmajer 1988 Alice movie last night. Features real stuffed animals and lots of scissors!

Yeah, this was really awesome. The first scene when the rabbit is getting dressed was great.
timrpgland
Founder, Est. 1999

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Inception today. Very well done. Pretty easy to follow overall which is key for the concept.
Betrayal Burger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timrpgland wrote:
Just saw Inception today. Very well done. Pretty easy to follow overall which is key for the concept.

Agreed. I fully expected to get lost in the storyline and not know what the hell was going on by the midpoint. Not the case. Fun movie to watch. The only ambiguity was of course the very end and even then I have no problem with just assuming it was all real at the end unless I see something in the second go around that convinces me otherwise.
Strategos
a$$

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Primer today. That was a mindfuck. I may have to watch it another time to completely get it.

Huh? Is "fuck" back to "spelunk"? Hmm. Guess not. Was "mindspelunk" not good enough so we got "*spelunk" instead?
LiQuid!
fasta dan a muddafucka!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primer might be the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.
a$$

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiQuid! wrote:
Primer might be the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.

I assume you're biased because you roll with this shit:

It wasn't an amazing movie by any means, in no small part due to the acting, but it was entertaining and interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RPG LAND Forum Index -> Misc. Discussion All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: